Friday, June 24, 2011

A Poem for Capt. Phil Harris

Recently, I read a poem on a web – I had to share it. The author lives in Calaifornia



I am a 43 year old woman who doesn’t get star struck and hardly watches t.v., with a young son who keeps me busy.
But I was flipping channels one night and stumbled on the show (its premiere season) and became hooked from that point on.
I never liked fishing, but fell in love with the show- mainly due to Captain Phil.
It became the only night I watched t.v. and my family was hooked as well. That when he died I wept for days as if I knew him well.
He was a real person not trying to act or impress, and I think thats why so many people adored him- for his honesty and hard work.
So I wrote this poem to honor his memory, and just thought I would share it with you.
I loved him as if I knew him, and miss him and think of him often.

Sincerely,

Stacey

California


Did you ever think

That a man could be so loved

By a public who never met him?

With grace and courage

And a big loving heart

We fell in love with him

From the very start

He was humble and kind

And respected by many

He never changed his demeanor

Or his lifestyle for any

Phil Harris was his name

And fishing was his passion

In his captains chair, he did not care

That his hairstyle wasn’t in fashion

He loved to fish on the Bering Sea

with his beloved sons

and those fortunate enough to know him

know theyr’e the lucky ones

he never tried to be

something he was not

he worked very hard and taught us all

work hard for what you want

He left this earth several months ago

But his impact still remains

Although I still will watch the show

It will never be the same

I hope from Heaven he can see

The many lives he touched

The impact he left

We wont forget

Captain Phil we love you so much!

I can only speak for myself when I say

He touched my life in so many ways

everyone has their favorites

on the show “The Deadliest Catch”

but Phil was mine – the entire time

his character was unmatched.


-stacey b.

No comments:

Post a Comment